The details of each state’s production data content, release frequency, and timing is different and often inconsistent. View the summary below:
- TEXAS - Monthly data is released on or about the 7th of each month for the data 2 months prior. For example, September's data would be released in November. Production volumes are reported at the well level for gas wells and at the Lease level for oil wells. Learn more about Texas oil lease forecasting.
- LOUISIANA - Monthly data is released on or about the 4th Sunday of each month for the prior month’s production. Production volumes are reported at the Lease Unit level and allocated to the wells.
- OHIO - Quarterly data is released on or about 45 days following each calendar quarter. Production volumes are reported at the well level. Passed in Sub. H.B. 59, and effective Sept. 29, 2013, Ohio law does not require the separate reporting of Natural Gas Liquids (NGL). Gas reporting totals listed on the report include NGLs.
- PENNSYLVANIA - The state now reports monthly well-level production data, but it had required unconventional well operators to submit production reports to the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) semi-annually. In 2015 Pennsylvania’s Oil and Gas Act transitioned the unconventional well operators to submit production reports to the DEP monthly. The initial reports were to be filed with the department by March 31, 2015. These reports were to include the production data from January 1, 2015 to January 31, 2015. Subsequent reports were to include production data for each calendar month within 45 days after the last day of each month. The state issued the first six months of production (by month) for 2015 in September, 2015. In September the state released the monthly production numbers for each unconventional well for Jan-Jun. From September onward, production data for July onward, has been released monthly. Production volumes are reported at the well level.
- WEST VIRGINIA - Operators are required to provide monthly production totals to the State, although the cumulative year’s worth of production reports are provided to the State only once a year. The year’s worth of monthly data is released annually on or about the 31st of March, although significant delays may be expected. Production volumes are reported at the well level and may be released months late.